Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Equalizer for Model 19 (or any)??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member v847's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey Gang,
    Do any of you run an EQ with your stereo system? If so, what are you using.
    Looking for a good quality EQ that won't degrade my setup.
    Also looking for something that is designed for home use...No rack ears etc.
    Thanks,
    V

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi V,

    An EQ is a funny thing. For something that can make things better, they sure get lambasted.

    It's all up to you. If you feel the 19's aren't giving quite what you need, an EQ can help. Your speakers and ears are getting older, perhaps that's the way to go.

    Unless you're a purist. Then it's a no-no. Fix your speakers, your amp, your source, your wires and even the interconnects before you use an EQ.

    EQ = sacrilege

    With that said, my PA stuff get's 2 EQ's (needs it), my indoor system, no EQ (doesn't need it)

    As far as good from bad, ask around, there are lots of knowledgable people out there.

    Cal

  3. #3
    Inactive Member v847's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Cal,
    Thanks for the response. I consider myself quite the purist but have noticed that because of the incredibly "Pure" sound I get with my 19's, almost every time I play a different sound source through them they can sound completely different.
    Example= I have a CD changer (6 cartridge) and there is no way I can allow it to go from one CD to the next or randomly, because one may be recorded twice as loud as the last. Then there is the radio, digital cable etc., same problem.

    Oh well, now that I think about it an EQ probably won't help my problem.
    Thanks Cal,
    V

  4. #4
    Inactive Member v847's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cal,
    I play Guitar and this reminds me of the "Montra" that I have always tried to play by: "The only thing between your guitar and your amp should be your cord!" forums

    Thanks,
    V

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28222319 times.